Well, I haven't taken any pictures in awhile so I'll have to wait for those. I think I'm starting to feel a little better. The last two nights I've had horrible migraines and tylenol doesn't seem to help. I don't usually get migraines so its a little strange and pretty miserable. Last night Ainsleigh went to her room, laid down in her bed and went to sleep all on her own around 7:30 and that helped except that then she woke up at 6 this morning. It was strange. I went in to check on her, thinking she was playing, and she was all wadded up in her blankets asleep and drooling.
She's been using these big words lately. The other day she was watching curious george and he lost his lucky hat and she goes, "mommy, he'll just have to get another hat with those good luck guarantees." Then this morning she woke up an told me that she loved me even though sometimes I'm mean to her. I told her that I love her too, even though sometimes she's mean to me. That's weird, isn't it? I'm not really mean, sometimes I just can't be nice, you know what I mean? She's been learning about her body because of this berenstain bears book about too much junk food. I've been having to spend hours talking about the nervous system, and how that's why she knows she has a boo boo, and the circulatory system (she keeps telling me how she has a good heart that sends blood through her body so she won't die, do you think that's an Addie reference?) and the skeletal system and the digestive system. I don't think she gets the digestive system quite yet, but she thinks its funny when I explain how the things we don't need from our food go through our body, get processed and come out our bottom. This parenting thing makes you talk about the strangest things like they are just ordinary, everyday. Now I have to explain what vitamins/proteins, etc. all our food has in it as we eat it, and what it does for her body. It's easy when all we have for lunch is grilled cheese, carrots, and bananas with peanut butter, but the brownies weren't quite so easy, until she realized they were junk food. That darn junk food book always has me doing this for days whenever we read it. She's getting to be a huge berenstain bear fan so we'll have to find a few more of those books.
Tim's mom called us to tell us some of the funny things Ainsleigh said while she stayed with her last weekend. I guess she started humming a song from that Juno movie to Tim's sister Kristi. Kristi recognized it and asked her where she heard it and she answered, "from some movie about a pregnant girl." So she's been using the word pregnant now. Mommy doesn't "have a baby in her tummy" anymore, now I'm just "pregnant." And she pronounces it like its spelled. She says I'm preg-a-nant. Whenever I complain about being sick, she tells me I'll feel better when I get that baby out of my tummy.
I love this girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment