Friday, June 6, 2008

to rent or not to rent






This week has held a lot of new things for us. Ainsleigh met new friends, held a guinea pig for the first time, and learned to hit a ball off a tee with help from a very good teacher. He's the little guy in most of these pictures. Tim and I celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary Tuesday and, on the same day, got pre-approved for a home loan. Pretty exciting and overwhelming at the same time. We're starting the search for a nice, clean place in a decent location. It's crazy to think Ainsleigh will start kindergarten next fall but that's a big consideration. I think I've had real estate dreams all week. We want a lot for little money so we're setting ourselves up for a challenge. Hopefully, it will all be worth it in a few months, when we're relaxing in our own back yard, without hearing our neighbors or worrying about them banging on the ceiling if Ainsleigh decides to dance or skip across the floor.

I had a doctor's appointment Tuesday and we heard the baby's heartbeat again. It's heart rate has been considerably lower than Ainsleigh and Addie's so Tim's again convinced it is because it's a boy. We'll hopefully find out the gender on June 30th, when we have another ultrasound. I'm so nervous about it but hoping we'll come away with reassurance. It would be really nice to hear the words, "the baby looks healthy." Hopefully! It will be so nice to bring this baby home to a house, instead of an apartment.

So we'll probably be busy looking for houses. We only want, um, 3 bedrooms, central air, fenced in yard, garage, basement, nice kitchen with all appliances staying, washer/dryer, dishwasher, garbage disposal, lots of windows, energy efficient windows, new roof, and all in a good school district.

That isn't too much to ask for a very, very minimum price, is it?


No comments: