Wednesday, August 20, 2008

my very logical daughter

Sunday we met my sister at the swimming pool here. She surprised us and came home for a visit last week. It was hard for Ainsleigh to wait until Sunday to see her cousins, but we weren't much good Saturday, after getting home so late Friday night and me being up sick most of the night.

It turned out that one of the reasons for the visit was that my sister's little girl remembered the water park here with a huge water slide just for the little kids under 8 years old. There is a lifeguard that helps them at the top and lifeguard to catch them at the bottom of the slide. Ainsleigh had finally gotten brave enough (with the help of her cousin) to go all by herself but there was a lifeguard switch and apparently the new lifeguard didn't think she was big enough to go by herself. Maybe it was because Ainsleigh was being hesitant, I'm not sure.

So I am waiting for her in the pool at the bottom of the slide. Down she comes and runs over to me with a big story to tell. She's so excited from her slide, it takes me awhile to understand what she's trying to say.

Finally she calms a little and says, "Mommy, that lifeguard told me I was too little go and I needed my mommy or daddy to come with me."

I thought this was strange because even littler kids go down by themselves. I ask Ainsleigh what she said.

Ainsleigh says, "I told her, here's the problem. My Daddy isn't here, he's at home. And my Mommy has a baby in her tummy. Then she let me go!"

I love it!

I'll have to post some pictures later. We had so much fun! I love the "here's the problem." She's so funny!

2 comments:

Swimming-duck said...

I got a laugh from this. How incredibly smart your daughter is! I have yet to try the shampoo recipe you linked me to. I need to...just laziness really that I haven't yet! I chopped my hair though pixie style so there's not much to wash right now!

Swimming-duck said...

Well, I had to post back and let you know, that I completely understand why you would be excited to breastfeed again! I don't think it's weird at all. There's something so profoundly deep in that relationship that it defies accurate description with mere words.