
Ahhh! It's so nice to be home. Christmas was really nice. The baby was so sweet and so good throughout all the new surroundings, new arms holding her, and all the noise, but I think she's glad to be home too. She always grows up a little with the new stimulation from being away from home and so this morning we have really noticed a difference. She woke up flashing us smile after smile and, for the first time, started really making little talking noises! We've been waiting for this but every time up until now, what has seemed like promising talking has just been a prelude to outright crying. This morning she repeated the same coos followed by smiles! Her smiles are so sweet. They start out little and end with a huge, open mouth grin. We can't seem to catch it on film yet. Hopefully soon. The picture above is what I see, looking down at Paige after she falls asleep nursing after her bath. It's so sweet.
Right now she is sleeping soundly in her swing, catching up with her familiar routine. Ainsleigh caught up on some sleep too. She loved spending time with family and could probably keep going with no sleep at all, but is much less grouchy now that she has slept in. It's been so nice to be together, with Tim off work the last few days. We're adjusting more to Paige and she is growing up enough to be happier and a little more predictable so I'm not really ready for his vacation time to be over, but I guess it all must end at some point. On to 2009. I am so not ready for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment