Today Ainsleigh turns 4 years old. I am the mother of a four year old. That makes me feel really old. It just seems so impossible that so much time has passed since the day she was born.
She is one smart little girl. She's independent, strong-willed, and stubborn. She's also sweet, gentle, and an amazing big sister. I have been so impressed with the amount of information she can manage to comprehend, even when it is something as complex as the death of her baby sister and the expectations of another baby sister. Over the last year, she's definitely become a good helper. She's gotten more and more self-sufficient and her independence is something we're happy to see coming but it also reminds us that she's growing up and she'll never be that tiny baby with the dark black hair again! I guess we've known that for awhile now. It's been so challenging at times, especially now that she can really argue back and bargain with us. With all of those challenges, the rewards have been just awesome. The hugs and kisses, the "I love you Mama's" and pride I get to have when she writes all her letters (both upper and lower-case by the way) and draws us pictures, the feeling of those little hugs around my neck.
She's still got some growing up to do, but she's on the right track and I'm so lucky to be her Mommy. Happy Birthday Ainsleigh!
1 comment:
HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY AINSLEIGH!!!
♥
Austin
Post a Comment