It hit me that, we have only about three months more of just the three of us. I remember thinking about this when Addie was on the way. I feel like we have to savor every moment of this time so we can remember what it was like when all our attention was focused on Ainsleigh. I'm not sure why, since we are all so excited to meet this new little person. Maybe it will help us understand what is going on if/when Ainseigh starts to feel left out or jealous. So far there is no sign of jealousy, only lots of suggestions of how she plans to help out as a big sister. 
This photo is of her the day before her birthday. We went out with friends to get pizza. She wasn't big on the pizza, but the special birthday ice cream clown treat was very exciting!


Later we went and painted some pottery. She is very focused, even if she wanted to paint her teddy bear all black.

The next day she turned four and, I swear, it seems like she suddenly got taller and more mature overnight. This entire week has been amazing. She talks so differently, reacts so much more maturely to everything. Tim and I took her to build a bear for her birthday and she LOVED building "fluffy." She picked out the outfit, selecting the glittery red shoes first, then matching the rest of the outfit to them. She's pretty girly already!

Last Friday she got to spend an entire day at Grandma's preschool. She was so excited to go! I am so proud of the report I got too. She's never been in preschool so I wondered how she would react to following rules, taking a nap, and sharing Grandma with other boys and girls. I guess she made us all very proud! She has deconstructed this painting for me several times. "See Mommy, first I made the dots and then I connected them." I am loving this time with her, getting to appreciate every conversation, especially the one about gravity, after which she told Daddy that when she fell off the swing, it was gravity that pulled her to the ground and made her fall on her face.
No comments:
Post a Comment